Sunday, November 12, 2006

Welcome Home My Child .... A Tribute to Hannah Sobeski





This afternoon, I read the news of the passing of Hannah Sobeski on Thursday at 4:30pm. It shocked me first and foremost. I could not get over the fact that she was gone. I have never met Hannah, nor have I met any of her family; however I was connected spiritually because she IS my sister in Christ. I never really even thought about her passing away because in my heart I knew God was going to heal her.
The more I sat in silence in my quite apartment, the more the puzzle pieces began to fit together. Hannah had went home to be with Jesus on Thursday, the same day that I had felt led to talk about her inspiration in my life as a teacher sponsor for our Christian Club 1st Priority. That same day I had students coming to my classroom to use my computers during their recess to leave Hannah a message. That was only an hour before she left this world of sorrows.
Wow! How amazing! God was using Hannah even as she was nearing her last breath! This 18 year old girl, 7 years younger than me, was providing me a life lesson even with her death. God uses those who are willing. That's all that it takes for us to be used of God, just an eager willingness for His work to be done in our lives. Hannah was eager to let the world know about God and what He had done for her.
Some of you reading this may question, "What exactly did He do for her? She died. She wasn't healed. She believed God would heal her and he didn't." But that's the amazing part friend! God DID heal Hannah! He healed Hannah spiritually. She blossomed into a Saint before all those who were by the wayside watching and she was healed of any kind of worldliness and the effects thereof. She suffers no more, cries no more, worries no more, feels anxious no more, grieves no more, and most importantly she DIES no more! God healed Hannah in the best way possible! A physical healing, though wonderful, eventually is overshadowed by later physical death; but a spiritual healing is ETERNAL!
Hannah was at a crossroad when she was told she had sarcoma in May. She could either be depressed and negative, or she could be faithful and obedient. She chose obedience and for that reason, dear friends, she is kneeling at the feet of Jesus worshipping the True King.
I encourage each of you to read Hannah's journal entries, especially the last 3 entries by her mother and aunt. The story of Hannah's homecoming is very touching!

May you be encouraged by this wonderful, beautiful Saint of God!
MAY YOUR LIGHT SHINE, JUST LIKE QUEEN HANNAH'S!



No comments: