Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday Morning.... Extremely Sick!


Good Morning All:

I come to you this morning from the right side of the bed that my husband Michael and I share. I have been on this side of the bed for the past 15 hours trying to sleep off the flu. I rarely get sick, but when I do, I really do!
Michael and I had been planning a trip to Biltmore Estates in NC this weekend because Sunday is our 1 year anniversary. We decided early on in the week to plan a shorter trip to Gatlinburg, TN because we are trying to cut costs and because we have to go out of town for Thanksgiving this coming week as well.


Work this week was sooo stressful for me. By Tuesday I felt as though I was going to break and by Wed. I broke. I must add that there were other stress related factors contributing to this "break" other than work, however, being there didn't help. So I came home Wed. afternoon with a migraine and I was ill all night long. Michael told me that I should just take the rest of the week off to relax and that we would go on our trip earlier than planned. So, that's what we did.
We had a nice time on our trip, however, my "cold" got worse instead of better. By the time I arrived home last night, I realized that I was walking around with the flu instead of a cold. So here I am struggling to breathe in bed this morning.
I have a few prayer requests to pass along to you, one being my family right now as they go through the loss of my cousin Gary Keyes. Gary had been sick for a long, long time and he passed away Wed. morning at about 3:30am. A couple of years ago, Preacher Bingham prayed with him and he got saved. That is the only thing that matters now that he has left this ole world. We now know where he is without a doubt and we can smile knowing that he isn't struggling to breathe anymore! God is soo good!
My second request is that of a personal one. Michael is still searching and praying for God's will in a job hunt since his layoff. The opportunity that we were almost 100% sure of fell through on Wed., so we are now back at square one. It is stressful, but God is good. We both know that God has a place for him, we just are unsure of where yet. Please keep that in your prayers and thoughts. Who knows, maybe God will use one of my faithful readers to share a job opening that they have heard of with us.
Hopefully, I will have a tribute to my husband posted by tommorrow (1 yr. anniversary) and I will have the study of Titus that I've been trying to get posted for 2 weeks up!

Keep us in your prayers and thoughts.

No comments: