Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"I Will Praise Thee For ever" A Poem by Me in 2005


I FOUND THIS ON MY LAPTOP AND WANTED TO POST IT. I WROTE THIS IN FEB. 2005 IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN, FOR A FRIEND THAT NEEDED A POEM TO EXPRESS SOMETHING BUT HAD WRITER'S BLOCK. I HOPE THAT IT TOUCHES YOUR HEART AS IT HAS MINE AS I REVISITED THIS VERSE!



I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints. ---Psalms 52:9

How precious is the name of Jesus?
Is it because of the way that it looks scrawled down in ink?
Partly.
Could it be the essence in which it rolls off my tongue?
Possibly.
Father, confident, best friend, counselor,
Is it the fact that He is each of these to me?
Definitely!
But the most precious reason is that He died for me.
Me!
Such a small grain of sand amidst billions more.
Such a small, inadequate water drop that the wind eagerly blows one way
Then another across a rooftop.
Me.
Precious blood dripped down a rugged tree
And hit the ground beneath.
The dirt on that ground,
That was and still is me.
And unlike the powerless raindrops that had hit that same dirt before,
This blood created a new mixture.
No mud did it create.
It created life for a dirty sinner like me.
A sinner that would always be filthy in the eyes of God.
Yet with this blood stained mixture,
He would be able to see me through rose colored glasses.
So you ask,
Just how precious is the name of Jesus Christ?
He is the mixture that creates life in me,
And continues to do so in millions of other lifeless beings.
He is that precious.

No comments: