Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Prayer

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13)

Dear Heavenly Father,

You know that I feel as though I am carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders right now. I have had such a rough summer and I have had such a hard time understanding why things are happening the way that they are. I Pray that You continue to remind me that You are the one in ultimate control. I shouldn't fear what's to come or feel down about things that seem to be slowly coming to pass. I Pray that You continue to make me remember just who You are and that you are my comfort in this storm. I know that You are in control and that You know all things. I realize that you are taking care of me even now as I sit here with tears in my eyes. I do what I am suppose to do in this life because of my love for you, not for mortal man. You are my King no matter what comes my way. I beg forgiveness for not always being the easiest child to deal with and I praise You for always patiently dealing with me anyway. Please Lord let Your will be done in these situations. Continue to use my life to glorify You.

In Jesus' Precious Name,

Amen

P.S. Lord, could you prepare a special little blessing to send my way when you see fit.

No comments: