Saturday, December 16, 2006

My Jesus errr.....umm Gingerbread House

So..... my precious husband has been watching me week after week as I have eyed the gingerbread kit at Wal-mart. Wed. night after church, he drove to Wal-mart and came back with, you guessed it, my gingerbread kit! I was so excited and I told him to be sure he reserved Saturday night for a "Gingerbread House Construction Date!" Yeah, I know.... I'm goofy but hey you learn that unless you want to be a stuffy grownup, you gotta stay in touch with that little kid inside of you. (I'm actually unsure that I'll ever fully grow up and that's totally ok with me!)
Anyway, I thought that I would share the photo's of our creation! I attempted to create a Church. The cross on the front kept sliding down and all the candy on the sides of the building came sliiiding down too. I did manage to spell JESUS on one side of the rooftop. Michael managed to create a cool chimney and decorated the other side of the rooftop. He also came up with some funny comments to make fun of our work such as "We did manage to make icicles even if they look like teardrops. We'll just tell people that a Kentucky weather front came through and it was 70 degrees the morning after the snow." So anyway.... without further ado.... Our Jesus.... umm I mean gingerbread house (church)!







The contents of the kit before we began.




Michael adds the 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of water... actually we added 2 more teaspoons because it was still powdery.






Finally, an icing is created!




Me with the finished product. (Overlook my bare, pale face haha)



Me, playing Vanna White with the house!



My Cross!



Decode the candy..... it says JESUS!




The candy coated rooftop.... Santa


would the chimney at the back.



My drippy heart at the back!




All our candy slid down the side!



What the example on the package looked like! HAHA


At least ours is unique! Be no one has created one like it before!

No comments: