Friday, December 29, 2006

God's Forgiveness


Ya know... I love hanging out with kids. It reminds me so much of God's forgiveness. Little children are so in tune with their feelings. They are so caring and so loving. Today I was upset about something that I had on my mind and I was crying. My Lil niece came up to me and was so concerned. If you'll ever watch a child, their love and concerns are genuine. Its so reflective of God's love. God knew exactly what He was doing by placing children in our lives.
Switching gears, a child forgives and forgets. Little children get into trouble, get punished, and never hold a grudge against you forever and ever over it. God is the same way. We push and push and get into trouble. God lets us by with a whole lot more than He should because he is long suffering, however, when He does chastise us, He does so out of love. When we ask Him for forgiveness, not only does He forgive, He also forgets. Wow! That is astonishing to me. Can you imagine if the world were that way?

Acts 2:21 King James Version
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

That verse says it all. We are vile sinners. Even the best one of us. Yet God, who has done soooooooo much for us already, extends His forgiveness to ALL of us so that we may be saved. Then He turns around and offers it again, EVERYTIME we ask for it when we mess up after we are saved. How amazing!

I look at myself sometimes and I am in awe of the God in whose image I am created in. He created me to be like Him. I am farrrrr from who He is, but He loves me regardless. I am repulsive and I have the stench of sin every moment of every day. Even when I am feeling so close to God, I am the worst among sinners. But He loves me. He loves me for who He knows that I am inside my heart. I will never be perfect, or even close to it, but He will never stop loving me. That's such a CHRISTmas gift in itself. Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.


I sometimes wonder why He chose me to be me. Why did He choose me to live the life I live, marry the man I married, be reared by the most awesome family ever, celebrate so many accomplishments, work in the profession I do, be born a U.S. citizen, be blessed to live in a Bible believing area, be blessed to be able to mention the name Jesus and have most every child I know have a positive statement to contribute? Why was I blessed to develop such a strong friendship with my beloved Danielle during her last years on earth? Why do I have the great parents that I have? The great in-luvs that I have? I could continue.... the point is that God has blessed me greatly indeed in order for me to be able to bless His HIGH and HOLY NAME in all of the above areas. What a wonderful Savior that I have! The following verse is my prayer tonight and most nights.
Psa 17:7-8 King James Version
"Show thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them. Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,"

No comments: