Friday, October 12, 2007

Random Thoughts on a Friday Evening...

It's Friday evening. I am sitting her melancholy. My fall break is almost over and that's a sad thing. I know, I know... I've been off for awhile now but that has been with mom being sick and that has not been a fun experience. Mom is feeling better with the occasional cold feeling in her back sometimes accompanied by tingling in her arms. I have worried myself sick about this but her cardiologist and his nurse have assured me that they do not feel it is cardiac related because the vessel that is blocked is only a small one and it wouldn't give those kind of feelings. They said that it didn't sound like a stroke or blocked blood vessel in the neck (things other people had suggested) and she said it may very well be her blood sugar just feeling slightly different than it did before. She has had the cold feeling in her back for years with her blood sugar just not the feeling of it washing over her with tingling. The nurse told me that the fact that she had unrestricted blood flow now and actually has more blood could make her blood sugar feelings feel different. I pray (and ask that you do, too) that this is nothing major and it is related to the blood sugar. For those of you who do not know my mom, she is wonderful and I am not just saying that because she is my mom. She is the kind of mom that any child would want. She honestly is my best friend. I can't complain about my precious family because God has blessed me far too much with wonderful parents who have brought me up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. My brother isn't so bad either ;)
For those of you who know, I am still dealing with getting my wedding ring back. That has been an almost 3 month ordeal with the local Kay's store.
I have sent the same ring (my wedding ring) back 7 times now. It began with just getting it sized and has resulted in the change of color on the band, a new shank, and now the fact that the jeweler cannot seem to get the indentions on the top of the ring fixed, they have been filled in with gold from attaching the new shank. There has been a young lady, unsure of her name, with blonde hair that has been very, very helpful. However, the older lady there was extremely hateful and talked down to my mother and I because she thought I was making a fuss about nothing. When I tried to explain what the problem with the indentions was, she said that the jeweler must have not thought it was that big of a deal because it was a small detail and I replied that if it were their wedding ring it would be a big deal. She was very smart with us and I have really had to pray about not getting highly upset about all this. So anyway, it came back wrong again and I am, once again, having to send it back.
Still no positive pregnancy test. But I can see what God is doing. He could foresee that this would all come up with my mom and that I would need my emotions and thoughts at full capacity to help. I praise Him for that and the healing that has given and is continuing to give to my mom and family members even now. I know that He Will bless us with a precious child when He sees fit. I trust His timing. I still ask that you pray for my friend Kim who recently lost her child and my friend Misty who is trying to conceive also.
I will leave you with some cute pics of my little Gavy. Enjoy!!!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures!

I'm glad that your mom is feeling a little better. I think it is so sweet that she is one of your best friends. That is rare these days and really special.

I understand wedding ring / jeweler stuff! I've been there...