Monday, October 22, 2007

He's Still Working On Me To Make Me What I Oughta Be....

God has been dealing with me with my worry and anxiety issues. Tonight after using Stumble, I can across a site called God's Yellow Pages. I was thinking about my mom and her anemia and my thyroid issues, so I stopped my Googling and decided to go back to God's word for guidance on all these worries and stress instead of taking matters into my own hands again and trying to find out everything by researching. It is so hard for me, a self proclaimed control freak, to let go sometimes, especially when it comes to worrying about those that I love and hold dear to my heart. When I clicked on worry on God's Yellow Pages, I found these verses which are familiar to me but I guess God felt I needed them tonight. I praise Him for speaking to me even when I have to be continuously spoken to with the same thoughts because my human mind still struggles. I praise God for His victory over my worry and anxiety even now and I ask for continued Prayers in this area for me. I also continue to request your prayers for my mom and her health as well as for my CT scan on Thursday. Bless you all for your continued faithfulness in serving our precious Savior.

Matthew 6:19-34 (King James Version)

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! The words of LIFE! The are sweet morsels.

Love you!