Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Prayer Request For My Health

Hi guys,

I come to you with a very tired mind and a heavy heart. As you know, I have been very worried about my mom. That has consumed me for the past 3 weeks. I wouldn't have it any other way because I love my momma with all my heart and soul. But, I am stressed out quite a bit. To add to everything, I have been going through some tests with my thyroid. They found that it was low right before mom got sick and I was put on Synthroid 25 mg. I have been taking that for 3.5 weeks now and I had an ultrasound done on my thyroid 2 weeks ago. The results came in today and I went to the ARNP to find out what was going on. They found several cysts on my thyroid and diagnosed me with polycystic disease. I asked if having it meant that I would have the same thing on my ovaries and she told me that it didn't necessarily mean that, it just meant that I have them on the thyroid. But, since they did find those, to be safe I will be undergoing a CT scan (I should find out when in the next few days) to see if they are suspicious. If the scan comes back showing hot or cold nodules (I'm not really sure what all this means but I will be after some Googling) then they will biopsy them to make sure they are benign. She told me not to stress and worry and that she was just wanting to be sure. Obviously, I am stressed and worried. I am thankful to God to have such a good ARNP who is very aware of what all needs to be looked at and checked on. Even though I am worried, I know this is in God's hands. Please pray that all my tests come back well and that we can get this all taken care of. Also, would you please pray that this will not affect my chances of getting pregnant. The thought of that just overwhelms me at the moment. Motherhood and pregnancy is something that my heart desires so intensely to go through. I trust God in this entire situation and I know that His will will be accomplished, just please pray for me through this entire ordeal. Also, please share your experiences, if you have had any, with thyroid issues. I love each of you and I thank you in advance for your kind words and prayers.

Ps. Continue to pray for my mom. She is doing a whole lot better and she (and all of us) give God all the glory for that! Also, remember my dad who has been really stressed and worried about her through this whole thing. I worry about him pushing himself too much, too.

No comments: