Saturday, October 06, 2007

Contemplation

Good Morning,

So I lay here this morning contemplating myself. I don't feel that I have been the Christian that I should be in so many ways. How easily we forget God's goodness and mercy! Most people laugh at me when I say stuff like this to them, but for me, I feel as though I could be so much closer to God right now that I have let myself be. I could do so much more than I let myself.

After watching my mom go through all that she's been through this week, I see that we never truly know what's going to happen from one moment to the next. Granted, I have known this for some time, but after going through scary situations and depending solely and totally on Jesus, you really learn this fact. I ask that you continue to Pray for my mom and her health. She is out of the hospital again (this time was a scare and then an overnight observation). She seems to be feeling much better.

I also desire your Prayers. Many of you know that I struggle with anxiety issues. One of the major anxiety issues that I deal with is death. It really climaxed with the death of Danielle and has been present daily ever since. This has been a major Prayer for me and those that I love over the past couple of years. (Has it really been almost 2 years since you made me laugh Danielle?!) Getting that 2:30 am phone call a couple of weeks ago about mom again set off some of the feelings and emotions that I had worked through. I ask that you Pray for me about these anxiety issues. Without God's help, I would already be a basket case.

There's someone else going through some hard times still and yet this person and her family are such an inspiration of faith... Baby Maddie. This is the little girl that I posted about a week or so ago. I was reading her blog today and looking back over the past few months of her struggle and I found this link. This is a short video clip of Maddie saying "Thank You For Praying!" If this doesn't bless your heart, I don't know what will! I saved the video and uploaded it here so that you could watch it. I encourage you to follow the link above to Maddie's blog and read about here.

No comments: