Friday, July 27, 2007

Vaca to Lake Erie.... Marblehead Lighthouse Day 3

Our visit to the Marblehead Lighthouse was really neat. I enjoyed looking at a real lighthouse upclose and the scenery from it. As we all know, a lighthouse is a beacon to those at sea (lake in this case) to let them know of the danger that lies ahead in the rocks. It made me think of Jesus being our lighthouse and alerting us of the danger that lies ahead in our lives. He guides us through everything by shining a beacon of light for us to follow. Amazing!






Video Clips of the Waves... I've never seen waves like this at a lake.



Water on the rocks!
Waves like an ocean!
Mike walking through the rocks.
Carrie and Keith enjoying the view.
Mike surveying the scenery.
Lighthouse sign
Lighthouse from a distance
Upclose view of the lighthouse.... isn't it so pretty? It was built in the 1800's.
View of the top.
A view of an island in the distance.
Cedar point from the lighthouse.... 6 miles across Lake Erie!
My big adventure.... the rollercoaster you could see Canada from! Scary, even for a rollercoaster chick like me!
In the distance...Cedar Point..... check out the new rollercoaster... straight up and straight down.
More waves!
Kelley's Island from the lighthouse!

Keith on the rocks!
View from the lighthouse!
Pretty!
Another view!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I must ask a question, the videos of waves you posted, what do you mean that you haven't seen waves like that on a lake before? I used to live right along the edge of Lake Erie and they don't seem special to me. Of course that's probably because I grew up with them, but still, I'd like to know why you think so.

Jesus, My Best Friend said...

well.... i haven't been to that big of a lake. here in ky the lakes are large but not to the point to where you can't see side to side. those waves were rough when i was on that jetski and they were way more than what i see here. do you enjoy living there?

Unknown said...

Oh. I understand :)
It's fun on jetskis out there. Sailboats are even more fun when a summer storm is rolling in. XD
I enjoyed living there very much. It's my favourite place to be. That lake is very special, there's something strange about it. I miss it more than anything. I don't like Alabama so much, all we have is Lake Guntersville and it's 45 minutes away.