Tuesday, July 17, 2007

SALVATION .... a John Piper video to Supplement

Hey Guys....
I just ran across some of these John Piper videos on You Tube. I felt like this one would be a good one to share for my readers because my goal is to attempt to lead everyone that I come in contact with to a Saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Those of you that do keep up with this blog really are special to me and I often wonder about each of your Salvation experiences. If you haven't shared one with me, please comment this post and fill me in on the details. Most importantly, if you do not have a Salvation experience, please let me encourage you to take the time to really get to know Jesus Christ.

Some of you may say, "I have to get my life in order first" or "I will never be able to live up to being a Christian." No .... none of us will ever be a "perfect" Christian. And NO you definitely do not have to get your life in order first. That's where God comes in. That's what He does. He takes your sinful life and He steps in and forgives you for all that you have done. He helps lead you and once you have Jesus Christ in your heart, you actually WANT to do the right thing.

How do you get a Salvation experience? Realize that Jesus is God's Son and that He died on the Cross so that we would not have to pay the penalty for our sins. He died so that we might have life. Not just life here on earth, but a FOREVER life. And though some folks sugarcoat it, I will tell you the absolute truth..... YOU CANNOT ENTER HEAVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN SAVED. You also have to realize that you are guilty of sin. You (and I) helped put the stripes upon Jesus' back. You (and I) were on His mind while He hung on the old, rugged cross. He was thinking of YOU! 2,000 years ago He had YOU on His mind. After you have realized that Jesus is God's Son and that He died for YOU, ask Him to forgive you of your sins. He will! I'm daily proof of that. And ask Him to come into your heart and to Save you. It's that simple.

Think about it.... do you really want to die and go to hell just because you didn't accept this free gift. The devil is tricking you into believing that you can't get Saved right now. You can't accept Jesus right at this moment because things aren't in place. You don't even know where you would go to church! You haven't a clue how you would give up your "pet" sins, you know the ones that you do all the time. But that doesn't matter! None of it does! God takes a sinful person (just like with me) and He molds them. It's the best gift you could ever accept.

If you are reading this and feel something tugging at your heart, please open it and Pray .....

Jesus,
I realize that You are God's son and that You came to this earth to take my place by dying on the Cross for my sins. I admit that I am a sinner and I know I am guilty of so much. Please forgive me of my sins. Please come into my heart so that I can be Saved and be adopted into your family. Help me Jesus to be what You would have me be.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.

If you Prayed that Prayer, please let me know. Email me or leave a comment on this blog post. Sometimes I get this on my heart (like today) and I just have to reiterate the importance of Salvation. I feel as though I let so many of you down by not sharing Salvation with you on a daily basis. Please, don't put this decision off. You may not have another time to get Saved.

Here's the video I mentioned earlier. Please watch it. It's only a couple of minutes long. If you aren't Saved, I Pray this speaks to your heart. If you are Saved, I Pray that this rejuvenates you in your walk with Jesus.

(Ps. You will probably have to mute my music player at the bottom of the blog before playing this so that you can hear it! You can also view other videos by looking underneath this one. Enjoy!)

God Bless You All....

Alesha :D


No comments: