Thursday, February 08, 2007

Just Chillin'..... No Really I Am!

LtoR: Jessica and Monica at lil Gavin Michael's shower!


Hi all:

Just stopping in to speak to my beloved blog. I love having my only spot on the web to use just for myself and my thoughts about my beloved Savior! It's so frustrating to constantly hear that you can't "express" your faith at work and in other situations. Praise God, I can praise as loudly ... errr.. AS LOUDLY AS I WANT TO ON HERE!


Today my cousin Jessica had her little boy. He weight 7 lbs. + and his name is Gavin Michael. I am in shock just because it is so wild for her to be having a baby. We are four days apart and I never thought I'd be the last one to have a child. I am so tickled for her though! She is at a good point in her life and I am so happy that she is. I can't wait to meet lil Gavin tommorrow after work. I've heard that he looks just like her! Too cute! Her daddy would be so excited..... what am I saying... I'm sure God already let him in on it.


You know, its wild. I get the "itch" for a little one and then I get so stressed out that I talk myself right back out of that itch. Of course if I ended up pregnant right now, it'd be ok. But.... I'd rather wait until school is over for me (May 2007) and I'd like to tie up a few other loose ends first. I know God has the future for Michael and I in His hands and when its time for a baby, He'll bless us with one. So, I think I am just going to keep waiting it out for now.


Why did I title my entry "I'm Chillin'.... No Really I Am!" ? Well probably because I am sitting here in my apartment freezing from lack of heat. It's a cold one out there tonight and I didn't get home much earlier than Michael. Usually I try to get in first and crank up our heaters but not tonight. Too much drama. I got home and barely got in the shower and out before he walked in with dinner. So needless to say....... I'm chillin'.


I also wanted to mention something that I neglected to mention a few weeks ago. On a Sunday night a few weeks back, I missed a phone call from my cousin Monica (Jessica's sister) who is in college right now. I have had her and Jess on my heart for a long time. Monica and I had had a big discussion about Salvation on MSN a few weeks earlier and I was praying so hard that something would give in her life. So, I missed her call that Sunday evening and she left a message. On my way to church I listened to it and could barely understand her because she was screaming. To sum it up, SHE GOT SAVED! I was so excited for her. She has always made me so proud but to hear that she made the biggest decision ever? Wow... awesome! God is soo good. So I wanted to tell the world that she is now living for Jesus and I am so proud of her. Keep her in your prayers and thoughts. As with any Christian, a new Christian especially needs lots of extra prayers for strength and courage. It's hard enough when you are seasoned, let alone just starting out and facing satan. I know that God will bless her for her hunger for Jesus and His word. I love you Mon! (And I am so positive that your dad and mamaw are so proud and thrilled for you....... probably pretty excited to see you in Heaven, too).

No comments: