Sunday, February 11, 2007

Blog For Jesus

The following is an article that God placed upon my heart to write and send to the local newspapers for publishing. I am unsure if it will get published there, nevertheless, it will here.
Blog For Jesus
Written by: Ms. Alesha Ann Brittain-Goodlett
Inspired by: GOD
Fellow Christians,

Ever heard of a blog? Some of you may have absolutely no idea what I am speaking of. A blog is defined by Wikipedia as “…a user-generated website where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronical order.” In layman’s terms, a blog is simply an online journal about a topic of interest. Granted, blogs can be more complex, but for the majority of folks it’s all about expression and interests.
Why am I writing my brothers and sisters in Christ about something as silly as a blog? Good question! I actually found an old friend through a web search that turned up her blog. Kristi is a year older than me and was my Vacation Bible School teacher as a teenager. She was one of the most awesome Christians that I had ever met and we bonded over our last few years of high school and first few years of college. As life teaches us, it is often hard to maintain long distance friendships as we grow older. That said Kristi and I lost touch with each other. Imagine my surprise when I found her blog! I found countless pictures of her husband, children, and a very pregnant photo of her. The most interesting part of her blog, however, was that of her connections to Christ.
By reading her blog and others linked to it, I realized that blogging is an amazing way to worship Jesus!
My journey began at
www.blogspot.com , where I created a username, password, and blog title. I then began to “blog.” I didn’t really get moving a lot until a few months later. Now, I can’t imagine not having my “Shine 4 Jesus!” blog to go to and speak my praises to my precious Savior! I can’t imagine not being able to share prayer requests with others and speak of my personal convictions. The more I have prayed and thought about the opportunity I have been led to by God, the more I want to promote it.
So many of us are good Christian people who would love to share Jesus with our family and friends, what better way than to reach folks than to write exactly what you wish they could hear and invite them to read it? What an opportunity! In no means do I want to discourage you from witnessing daily with your testimony and the words you speak, however, this is just an added avenue to reach others for Christ Jesus.
There are so many immoral websites and “antichrist” images on the Internet these days. Think of how just by sharing your thoughts and speaking the name of Jesus online can help. Maybe there will not be flocks of people running to your blog, but if you can touch just one life, isn’t it worth it?
Jesus, himself, gave us the Great Commission and I know me, along with a lot of other Christians, slack too much on this commandment from our Savior. Read these famous verses from Matthew 28: 18-20 KJV: “Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’" What a blessing we can receive from obeying Jesus’ commandment! So, my charge to you is this: Blog For Jesus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks for that! You are always so uplifting, Alesha!

I think that was a great idea to write the article :) I hope it gets published. Please mail me a copy of it if so!