Sunday, May 27, 2007

Packed & Ready To Go.......



Hi Guys,


It is 20 minutes until 11pm on this Sunday night. I am trying to unwind in order to get just a few hours sleep before I pull out at 3am for Myrtle Beach. I am excited about the trip! Mom, Billy, and Mamaw Brock are usually the only for sure people who attend, but this year we have scheduled with my dear friends Tina, Kim, Pam and their families. A bunch of women on a beach trip, what a hoot!

As excited as I am, I am sad. I really, really HATE leaving my husband for 4 nights. He doesn't mind me going at all but I still feel like my place is here with him. I know most of you feel the same way about your significant other. There are wives and husbands that always do everything apart and then there are those who try to spend as much time together as possible. Michael and I fall into that last category. It's not an obligation thing, but rather a real, genuine longing to be with my husband. He is more than just my husband, he is my best friend aside from God. I am so use to falling asleep after being goofy and laughing or even just having him tap me on the shoulder in the middle of the night and tell me I'm snoring! haha It's going to be quite different.

I will enjoy spending quality time with my mom though. It'll be like old times when I lived at home. We use to sit on my bed and talk for hours on end. My mom has always been so awesome and she has always been my best friend. And it's a different friendship than with your husband or actual friends. It's special because she loves me so much and so unselfishly. She couldn't be selfish about her love for my brother and I if she wanted to.

I will also enjoy getting to relax a bit and get all the things that are constantly pulsing through my mind on the back burner for a few days at least. It will be nice to hang out with Kim, Tina, and Pam, too. And all the boys, I guess haha! I also look forward to walking down the beach alone in the dark and talking with God in awe of what He has done through His creation!

As for an update, I have definitely heard from lots of folks that there has been an uproar about me being transferred. I feel flattered! It's so awesome to know that your family, friends, students, parents, and work family support you in such a way. I am soo blessed. Even if I don't get to stay where I am, God has definitely shown me who I can trust throughout this whole thing. I am Praying for HIS will to be done even if it's not what I want. With that said, I still feel deep down that God is not finished with me at Page School. I feel like I have many more students' lives to help mold and shape through Him. I continue to beg you, my dear readers, for your constant prayers about this whole situation.

I guess I will make myself shut this computer up and go ahead and pack it. My goal is to hopefully blog each day that I am gone with pictures. Hopefully I'll get to do so. Blogging is so awesome to me. I love speaking about God and His blessings in my life on here. Please remember us in Prayer as we leave tonite and travel to and from the beach this week. Also, Pray for my dear father and my sweet husband who are staying behind to work this week. We have their blessing to go, but it's still hard to leave them. I love you all and I Pray that God blesses each of you so greatly this week!


PS. The Creation Museum opens for the first time tommorrow! Read about it and maybe plan a visit. (We are shooting for July ourselves!) Be much in Prayer about this awesome memorial to God's creation of the World!


No comments: