Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Kirk Cameron and Preacher Comfort Vs. The Atheists

Ok. I don't mean to talk about the same thing Kristi is talking about in her blog, but I, too, have been watching this on the Internet tonight and I am getting ready to watch the Nightline episode. I would strongly encourage ALL of you reading this to hop over to the link above and listen to this debate. There are several clips, all of which, YOU NEED TO SEE. You may ask, "Why would I listen to what an atheist has to say?" Simply because, as a soulwinner, you may be faced with some of the same comments that these atheists are stating. It is always helpful to hear how other Christian's respond to such and then verify those statements by researching for yourself in the Bible. If you are like me, you get upset easily about this topic. I am a self-proclaimed, closed-minded person when it comes to my faith simply because I KNOW that it is true. It can't be disproved to me because that's not even a possibility. I am not a "shove it down your throat" person, because I believe God has called us to love and to show a reflection of Him through love.
If you'll notice, the atheists on this program are in connection with a website called
Rational Response Squad. This site contains a challenge to those who don't believe called the Blasphemy Challenge. I was on this site a few weeks ago and just listening to these people deny Jesus made my skin crawl. The idea is that since blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin, these folks are proving by recording themselves denying the Holy Spirit, that they are not afraid of what wrath it may bring. Some even say, "See you in hell!" How scary is that?
Anyway,
Kristi makes some awesome points about it over on her first and second blog entries relating to the topic. PLEASE CHRISTIANS AND NON CHRISTIANS, PAY ATTENTION TO THIS. PLEASE "THINK" AS KIRK SAYS AND REALIZE YOU DO HAVE A DOG IN THIS FIGHT. AND PLEASE CHRISTIANS, PRAY THAT THIS WILL MOTIVATE US TO WORK EVEN HARDER TO SEEK THOSE WHICH ARE LOST AND LEAD THEM TO KNOW JESUS CHRIST! AND GUYS, LET'S PRAY FOR THESE FOLKS. WE LOVE THEM EVEN IF WE DON'T LOVE THEIR WAYS. IF THEY ARE THIS STRONG IN THEIR ANTI-BELIEF, IMAGINE THE IMPACT A CONVERSION WOULD HAVE ON THEM AND WHAT THEY COULD DO FOR CHRIST!


Ps. I urge you to visit Canopy Ministries and Answers In Genesis websites for lots of Biblical evidence about Creation! Also, visit Kirk and Comfort's ministry site, Way of the Master.

No comments: