Monday, March 26, 2007

How Great Is Our God ......... My Evidence.... A Precious Husband

My Precious Husband


I am laying in the dark right now next to my precious husband. He is asleep and I am blogging. We had the best time tonight, doing absolutely nothing. I had driven to the dealership that he works at to meet him for the gym. He didn't come out at 8pm like usual, so I figured that he had a customer. I was right.

He called my phone at about 8:30pm and said he wasn't going to get to go to the gym because he had to work late with the car deal. I told him I was parked outside and he immediately began apologizing. I told him it was no big deal and that I could ride with him to follow the elderly couple to their home with their new car. Then I realized that he would have to back track to get me back to my car. When I mentioned it, he just shrugged it off and said he didn't mind. I protested but he said something that made tears sting my eyes. He said that at least we would be spending time together. I agreed and as I pulled my car closer to his, I thanked God for such a wonderful husband.

A year ago, we were not as close as we are right now. We loved each other but it was that first, difficult year and then some. I can remember praying for God to have His way with our union and to help us have a marriage that magnified Him. I prayed for my husband to rededicate himself to the Lord. In August, he did just that and we have been so blessed with a deeper friendship and love than ever before. God knows just what we need, right when we need it. Suddenly, all the sleepless nights and the tears from that first year faded and all I could see was how wonderful God had made this marriage experience for us. He continues to do so.

It is soo amazing for me to look back over the past 5 years of my life. Michael and I have been together (with the exception of a year in between) the whole time. We have had a lot of ups and a whole lot of downs. We have been apart, God has dealt with us both, and He has placed us together and in situations we need to be placed in. How merciful is our Savior? It amazes me everytime I think about it because I always prayed so hard, growing up, for a strong, Christ centered marriage and to think here I am living out my dreams because God is so good to me. How blessed I am! Sometimes, I think we need to just stop and realize just how blessed we are.


No comments: