Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Eventful Day

So..... today was very eventful. I am actually just now sitting down for the night to relax. I got up and read some in the book Nehemiah and then got ready to go to Middlesboro with my mom and brother. It was so pretty out. I put on a linen skirt and a cool top and left. Mom and I went to watch "Premonition" while my brother went to another movie. I have to say, the movie left me sad. I just really thought it would end differently than it did. Anyway, we enjoyed lunch at J. Milton's and then went to Wal-mart.


Later, I went with Verna to eat dinner and to visit Danielle's grave. It was such a beautiful sight. The sun was setting and it was just like a postcard. We drove by the site of the wreck and passed Darrin's house. Chub's car was there so we stopped by. For those of you who don't know who Darrin and Chub are, they were Danielle's two closest male friends. She could hang out with them and be just like one of the guys. She did hang out there often and actually that's the place she left right before her wreck.


So we talked with Darrin and Chub and reminisced. It was nice. I hadn't been to Darrin's since probably Sept. of 05, two months before I got married and Danielle went home to be with Jesus. I enjoyed talking to them and witnessing to them. Verna really did a good job. She just put it out there. She told me that she definitely feels Danielle impressing upon her heart to visit certain people to make sure they are ready in the event that Jesus were to come back or their time should appear.


As Verna talked tonight, I was amazed by just how much God's hand has been in this whole situation. We've talked about it before, but even now He is still arranging things for all of us. It's amazing. I am so blessed to have been friends with Danielle, and not just friends but special friends as Verna calls it. I am even more blessed to have been given the opportunity to get to know Verna, her precious mother. Like mother, like daughter!

No comments: