Sunday, January 14, 2007

I am Blessed! Truly Blessed!


Hi all:


This post will not be a long one. I wanted to touch base with everyone and let you know that I did, in fact, have my gall bladder removed on Thursday of this past week. I am extremely blessed because as the surgeon removed my gall bladder, it ruptured. The surgeon found a ton of stones and found that it was severely diseased and inflamed. Normally, I wouldn't think that would be a big deal, but just 2 days prior to my surgery, another lady related to one of my colleagues, was found dead in her bed. Her gall bladder had ruptured while she was sleeping and it had went to her heart and killed her. I feel so extremely blessed that I had this surgery and got all this taken care of. I am glad that God let the pain set in 2 weeks ago and let me go to the ER to see what was going on. Imagine if I hadn't have done that. I could have died like the other lady!

I've had a rough few days. I have 5 holes in me and I am unsure if they did something a little different with my surgery. Everyone had spoken of the surgery as though it would be nothing major. It wasn't for them. I guess it just depends on your personal body and how it reacts and what exactly they have to do while they are in there. Anyway, it's been a lot worse than I expected. I am up and about as much as I can be. I made it to the shower all by myself today and I fixed my own dry, flip-flop waffles. I am really working hard to get myself going. However, I am still very weak and sore. I can't imagine how sore I'd be if I hadn't have pulled myself up and made myself do things and walk and stretch.

I have thanked God a lot in the last few days for my family. They have been so wonderful through all of this. My daddy called the morning of my surgery to let me know he was praying and that I was going to be ok. He doesn't handle waiting at the hospital well, so he worked to stay busy and called ever so often to check on me. My mother and brother both took off that day to come help me out. My mom has been down every day to help me and to keep me company. She bought ingredients last nite to make my favorite dinner tomorrow. She is my rock! My mother-in-law has called a few days a day to check also. She talked with me to keep me company and listened contently. And my husband! He has really stepped up to the plate to take care of me. He laid with me the night after my surgery and was so scared. He kept taking my temperature (possible infection from the rupture) and commenting on how pale I was. He started making me eat to get energy after I passed out. He ran out to the store about a million times to get anything I needed to help me. He took off work, even though he could have gotten in trouble, just because he was scared to leave me Friday morning. He has really been awesome! I am so blessed to have the family that I have.

However, I have to admit, I have been slightly depressed from being unable to do anything. I guess it's worse because of the fact that I was out of work the week before and stuck here in bed hurting. I feel like I've lived in my bed for the past 2 weeks and I pretty much have. It's depressing to be unable to do anything for yourself. I actually came home the day of the surgery and tried to fold laundry. My husband and mother flipped out on me. By that night, I was in so much pain from the air that they had sewn up inside me, that I collapsed on Michael and was out cold. It was horrible. But I made it through and I am a lot better today than I was then.

Please, don't think I am complaining. I'm not. I could be dead. However, I have learned that my body doesn't respond as well to things as others. I am truly blessed that Jesus has cradled me in His arms through this whole thing. He has been my friend in the early morning hours when I couldn't lay flat in the bed and I had no one to talk to. He has watched the salty tears roll down my face when I've been lonely as everyone left to get back to their jobs and responsibilities. He is truly my ever present help in times of need. A comforting passage through the whole thing is this:


Psalm 6
1O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
3My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long?
4Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.
5For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
6I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
7Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
8Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping.
9The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.
10Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.


God bless each of you. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I appreciate each of you for everything that you do, say, and pray. I love each of you!

No comments: