Sunday, October 15, 2006

Thoughts Of Others ... Please Pray For God's Will in the Life of Hannah Sobeski

Hi All:

I am sitting here at 1:34am thinking about Hannah Sobeski. Hannah is a girl I have never met and I have never even heard of until about 20 minutes ago. She is a girl that lives in SC and is in high school at Dorman High. The only reason that I came across her is because of Vacation Bible School taught by the awesome folks at First Baptist of Spartanburg. I always loved this ministry and have made a lot of lasting friendships through it.
One friend that I have on my facebook friend's list had a message on her status for people to please Pray hard for Hannah Sobeski. I was curious so I clicked and skimmed her page for more information. I ran across the link above and was so touched by what I found.



This beautiful, teenage girl has been fighting sarcoma, which from my understanding is a form of cancer, and has stood her ground faithfully throughout the entire battle by giving God the the praise and glory for everything that has occured as a result. It is so empowering, as a Christian, to see this young lady stand so firm in the face of adversity. It's so easy to talk the talk when you aren't having to walk the walk. Hannah is a girl who is speaking out of true faith from her heart as she stands in the midst of a continously, brewing storm.
Hannah was crowned homecoming queen last night according to her website. Throughout the entire event, she gave all honor and praise to God. Her story was on the news and in the papers and nothing she said was edited to take out Jesus' name. This morning, Hannah awoke to learn that her tests show that her tumor has doubled in size since she began her chemo. The decision was made for her to go home and to end further treatment.
My heart just aches for this young girl and her family. How hard must it be to learn that you are given no hope from the medical world? Especially as an 18 year old girl. But as much as my heart aches, it also rejoices. Because, though medically all hope has been dismissed, Hannah and her family have hope in Someone much greater than any earthly doctor. Jesus Christ is their hope and as they stated on their website:
"We will continue to pray that God will kill this tumor, He doesn't need chemo or any other drug. We know He is able. And we also know that He is soveriegn and His plans and ways are always right, whatever happens. We will not give up!"

I urge you to click the link above and read about Hannah. Most importantly, I urge you to Pray for this Faithful Servant of God. Pray for His will to be accomplished in her life!

With that, I offer up my own prayer for Hannah:

GOD BLESS THIS PRECIOUS YOUNG GIRL AND HER FAMILY, DEAR JESUS. PLEASE JUST BATHE HER IN YOUR BLESSINGS FOR HER CONTINOUS EFFORTS TO BRING PRAISE AND HONOR TO YOUR NAME THROUGHOUT EVERY PHASE OF HER BATTLE. LORD, REACH DOWN AND TOUCH HER FEEBLE BODY AND MAKE HER PHYSICALLY WHOLE AGAIN, IF IT BE THY WILL. JESUS, I KNOW SHE WILL REMAIN UPON THIS EARTH UNTIL YOU ARE READY FOR HER TO ENTER INTO YOUR KINGDOM AND BE WITH YOU. I PRAY THAT YOU WILL TOUCH HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND COMFORT THEM. I PRAY THAT YOU WILL LET HER LIGHT SHINE EVER SO BRIGHTLY IN THIS DARK WORLD SO THAT OTHERS CAN ALSO HAVE THE FAITH THAT SHE HAS. I KNOW THAT NOTHING HAPPENS WITHOUT MEANING AND I KNOW THAT, AS HARD AS THIS SITUATION IS FOR HANNAH AND HER FAMILY, YOU HAVE A PLAN FOR THE WHOLE THING. LORD, HELP ME TO OPEN MY EYES AND REALIZE ONCE AGAIN THAT WE ARE NEVER PROMISED TOMMORROW. HELP ME TO BE A WILLING VESSEL FOR YOUR WORK. JESUS, PLEASE JUST WRAP YOUR STRONG ARMS AROUND HANNAH RIGHT NOW, AT THIS VERY MOMENT, AND WHISPER SWEET PEACE IN HER EAR. LET HER KNOW IN HER HEART THAT YOU WILL BE WITH HER NO MATTER WHAT AND LET HER FEEL A PEACE THAT IS UNSPEAKABLE. LORD, JUST LET THY WILL BE DONE AND LET ALL THAT IS ACCOMPLISHED BY IT BE USED TO GLORIFY YOU. I LOVE YOU PRECIOUS SAVIOR AND I THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR BLESSINGS IN MY LIFE. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY SOUL SO THAT I CAN PRAY THIS PRAYER FOR HANNAH.
IN YOUR PRECIOUS AND HOLY NAME I PRAY,
AMEN

No comments: