Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's getting a little Nippy outside :D

Hi All:

Just waking up on a cold, October morning. Day number 6 of my 9 day Fall break has arrived! I will be meeting Verna, Danielle's mother, at around 12 or so for lunch at Pine Mountain Lodge so I have to make this quick. Just wanted to post and say how truly blessed that I am. I woke up this morning in my bed, under my covers, with my goofy hubby laying there next to me. He started complaining that I fell asleep before I gave him his much deserved back scratch (He made his famous rice last night after church and that was the payment haha). I sat up and scratched his back and thought about how much things had changed in the past year. This time last year I was nervous because my wedding was quickly approaching. I was still a single girl and I was spending time with Danielle, running around at Wal-Mart and in Knoxville late at night. Now, only a year later, I am going to bed much earlier (usually) and doing much, much more during the day. God has blessed me with things to occupy my time since I don't have my best friend to run around with. I now have a husband that leds me from the couch, where I have fallen asleep, and to the bed. He makes sure I am covered up and ok and then he climbs in to go to sleep. My mom always did this growing up. I have a good job, 3 (almost 4) degrees under my belt, a wonderful family including my in laws, a wonderful church and pastor who truly preaches God's word, and a bright future in the distance. Wow! All the little things that I stress about on a daily basis don't seem as huge this morning and I praise God for that. Most importantly, I have a Heavenly Father who loves me more than anyone and who patiently waits for me, even when I am taking too much time, to accomplish His perfect will. Thank You Jesus for your precious blessings on my life! If you never do another thing for me, you have done much more than I deserve already. And the thing is, I know you have more in store for me because you do love me and you do want to bless me. How Great is Our God? Great beyond words! Take a moment of your time today readers and meditate on that question.

Psalm 139:17
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

No comments: