Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Heart Is Heavy

"When I saw your car pull into the driveway today, I felt better. It's like when you show up, I know that everything is going to be ok and you are going to take charge and help me." Those are the words of my precious mother. She told me this today after I came back to her house for the second time upon hearing that her nuclear stress test results came back abnormal. I had just left to come home and was stopping to pay two of her bills when she got the call. I could hear her talking on the phone and I heard the word "blockages" which sent me into a frenzy. That word just takes my breath. Granted, I'm glad that if something is really wrong, it gets picked up and we have an opportunity to get it fixed. However, it is so hard to see my precious mother going through this over and over again. She often tells me that it is a mental thing. You don't just go through it physically but mentally as well. Every poke, every prod is a mental game that you play with yourself. She and I cried together today. It isn't a big deal that I cried because I can cry just about anytime, but my mom is not someone who just cries often. I love her so much and I just hate seeing her cry. And she did feel better about it when I left to come home tonight.

So I am, once again, asking for YOUR Prayers in this situation. Please Pray for my saintly mother to be healed and to be blessed with many more years of wellness on this earth with her family. She so desires to enjoy my children and I so desire her influence in their lives. She desires to see my brother grow up and to grow old. She desires to live just like most folks do. And I by no means feel like she isn't going to, but I desire your Prayers for God to move in her situation. She has always served the Lord and I know that she will continue to do so. I know God has more work to do through her. Just please keep us in your Prayers and in your churches' Prayers. God has carried us through her emergency open heart surgery in 2004 and her stent in Oct. 2007 of this year and we give Him honor and glory for those blessings! I know that He isn't through with her life.

We head to Lexington on Tuesday evening for blood work and then on to the Heart Cath Lab on Wed. morning at 8:30am. Please, please, please bathe us in YOUR Prayers during this. I appreciate each of you and God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will pray. Ehp 1:2 to you and yours.