Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful to God!

On this morning of Thanksgiving, I slept in a bit (after a loooong round trip to Ohio last night) and then opened God's Word. I decided to read verses pertaining to giving thanks. Here's a few that I read:

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (King James Version)

18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Ephesians 5:20 (King James Version)

20Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Job 1:21 (King James Version)

21And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

Habakkuk 3:17-18 (King James Version)

17Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

18Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

1 Chronicles 29:13 (King James Version)

13Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

1 Samuel 2:1-10 (King James Version)

1And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.

2There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

3Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

4The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.

5They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble.

6The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

7The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.

8He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them.

9He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

10The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.


Such beautiful praises unto God! I'd like to offer up my own on this blessed Thanksgiving morning.

Dear Precious Father,

I come to You thanking you for so many things. I thank You for my Salvation that was made possible by Your Son, my precious Savior, going to the cross for my wicked ways. I thank You for looking beyond my faults and loving me regardless. I thank You for reaching Your hands down daily to lift me up and to help me with my infirmities. I thank You Savior for this thorn in my flesh that daily brings me to my knees. I Pray that it continues to bring glory unto Your holy name.

I thank You for my precious mother who is truly my best friend on this earth. I cannot imagine being raised without her God given guidance in my life. I thank You for my precious daddy who has always put my brother, mom and I before himself in all that he does. I thank You that he continues to be a daddy to me even though I am a grown woman. I thank You for my precious, little brother. I thank You for the things that he is learning even now and I Pray for your guidance to be upon his life. I thank You for my sweet, sweet husband who loves me more than I'll ever realize. I thank You that He has stepped up to the plate throughout my struggle with infertility and that He is truly a helpmate to me throughout it all.

I thank you, precious Father, for my sweet "in-luvs" who have always accepted me as family even 6 years ago when I was just dating their son. They have been wonderful to me and I am truly blessed to be a part of the
Goodlett clan. I thank You for all my family: cousins (Jess, Gav, Mon, Kris, Shell, Michelle, Robin, etc.), aunts and uncles (Sandy, Craig, Barb, Steve, Candy, etc.), Grandmother Rose, and all those who have passed on yet their teachings bear witness in my life, (Papaw Brock, Mamaw Brittain, Uncle Bruce, Sister Helen, Brother Jack, sis Shauna, Precious Best Friend Danielle, etc.).

I Praise You Father for my blessed friends who have stood by me through all these situations. Those who have Prayed without ceasing for my miracle. Those who unselfishly love me for me and for nothing in return. Lord You know who each of these people are. I Pray a special blessing down upon them on this wonderful day of Thanksgiving.

I thank You God for my home, my job, my material goods, and even the air that I breathe. None of which is possible without your grace and mercy. I thank You for my nation and the freedom that we have been blessed with. Lord I Pray that we will continue in Prayer and keep it that way.

I also thank You Father for my blessed, Bible believing Church and Pastor, William Boyd. I thank You for his faithfulness and for his family's faithfulness. I thank You for inspiring each sermon that he preaches. I thank You for the blessings that I receive from them. I also praise you for the lessons that You have been teaching me through Your Word and experiences. I feel so blessed to be able to study and read such a wonderful set of instructions for my life.

Lord, I praise You for the miracles that I know that You are bringing to pass even now. I thank You for my future, my past, and my present. I could never ask for more than You have given me thus far. I Pray that You rain blessings down upon all those who are celebrating this blessed, and overlooked, holiday. I Pray for those who have no one to celebrate with and for those who feel as though they have nothing to be thankful for. Will You open up their eyes Father, remove the scales and show them their blessings. I thank You most of all for Your unconditional and unchanging love. Without You, I AM NOTHING!

In Your Precious Son Jesus' Name,
Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give God thanks for you and your hubby.Happy thanksgiving.St.Poddy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alesha i would like to introduce you to JULES..http://julesstones.blogspot.com/. a very good christian blogger.