Saturday, August 11, 2007

My current feelings ....... found in a song

So... I love various different Christian artists, however, I seem to find myself drawn to Mercy Me. I have about 3 of their cds and I truly enjoy each of them. In Christmas of 2006, one of my students purchased an older Mercy Me cd entitled "Almost There."for me. I popped it in to the 6 disc changer in my car and its the one cd that hasn't be taken out yet. On that cd there are several good songs (including one that everyone knows, "I Can Only Imagine"). One of which is called "In You." This song touches my heart so greatly because I can envision the bride of Christ meeting Him and being in awe the way this song mentions. If you are a Christian, you are a member of the bride of Christ and this song directly fits you as well. Notice what it says about all those who have suffered here on earth (the hungry, the blind, the lame, the weary). This song is beautiful and I highly recommend this cd if you don't have it in your collection already. Here are the lyrics to
"In You...."

IN YOU
"I put my hope in You. I lay my life in the palm of Your hands. For I'm constantly drawn to You oh Lord, in ways I can not comprehend. Its the Creator calling the created. Maker beckoning the made. The bride finding what she's always waited for...when we find ourselves that day...
In you...where the hungry feast at the table, the blind frozen by colors in their view, the lame will dance, they'll dance for they are able, and the weary find rest, oh the weary find rest in You. Its no secret we don't belong here, though set apart by the grace of You. We look for the day when we go to a place where the old becomes brand new. In You, where the hungry feast at the table, the blind frozen by the colors in view, the lame will dance will dance for they are able, and the weary find rest, oh the weary find rest in you... Oh we will find rest in You."

No comments: