Tuesday, October 07, 2008

God's Blessings .... in the form of stress relief for me!

Now, if you know me, you know that I do not like to be deep in debt. Granted, I understand that there are times that you have to go in debt such as homes, medical issues, vehicles, school, etc. I get that. But, I hate to feel as though I am over my head in debt. That said, my husband and I have really worked hard in the last couple of years to clear out any debt that we have. I currently own no credit cards other than 1 JCPenney card that I rarely use and if I do it is paid off in the next month. I don't think that it's bad to have a credit card, I just wanted rid of mine. Michael still has a couple for us in case of an emergency. One big thing that has been weighing on my mind lately is the fact that I owe around $25,000 in school loans from my Master's Degree and my Rank I. This stressed me to no end.

I have applied for loan forgiveness of my interest through the Student Loan People. After a very LONG process, I was granted almost $1,000 in forgivness. That sure was a blessing. I then applied for a loan forgiveness program for Ky teachers. I was unsure of the amount that I would get because I teach math all day to 5th and 6th graders but the 4 years prior to last year I wasn't working with upper grades. I am not going to go into great detail because it would just bore you and take forever. I found out yesterday that I qualified for the big forgiveness even though I have only taught up upper grades for 2 years. A payment of $17, 500 was made on my account, nearly wiping it clean. I only owe $5,600 or something like that now.

This made me think, wow... forgiveness and then my slate is wiped nearly clean. Well, open your eyes Alesha. I should feel this way daily because 2,000 years ago my debts were paid, my slate was wiped clean in a perfect transaction made possible by my precious Savior! If it felt that good to have that much money transferred to my account..... but how much better it feels to have that much Saving Grace transferred to me. I am so blessed. If God blessed me with this loan forgiveness for no other reason yesterday, it was to show me how faithful He is and to help me parallel that blessing to the biggest blessing that I'll ever have! How wonderful He is!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE LORD TELLS US TO PUT OUR TRUST IN HIM. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME.He meets our needs every day.we don't need lots of money in the bank.our cup overflow's.all God's blessings to you and your family amen and amen thank you Yeshua.

Anonymous said...

Alesha this site maybe of use to you???http://www.globalmediaoutreach.com/our_sites/evangelistic.html

Anonymous said...

giving you something to rNelson Mandela is sitting at home watching the telly when he hears a knock at the door. When he opens it, he is confronted by a little Chinese man, clutching a clip board and yelling, "You sign! You sign!" Behind him is an enormous truck full of car exhausts. Nelson is standing there in complete amazement, when the Chinese man starts to yell louder. "You sign! You sign!" Nelson says to him, "Look mate, you've obviously got the wrong bloke. Push off", and shuts the door in his face. The next day he hears a knock at the door again. When he opens it the little Chinese man is back with a huge truck of brake pads. He thrusts his clipboard under Nelson's nose, yelling, "You sign! You sign!" Mr Mandela is getting a bit hacked off by now, so he shoves the little Chinese man back, shouting: "Look, push off ! You've got the wrong bloke! I don't want them!" Then he slams the door in his face again. The following day, Nelson is resting, and late in the afternoon, he hears a knock on the door again. On opening the door, there is the same little Chinaman thrusting a clipboard under his nose, shouting "You sign! You sign!" Behind him are TWO very large trucks full of car parts. This time Nelson loses his temper completely, he picks up the little man by his shirt front and yells at him; "Look, I don't want these! Do you understand? You must have the wrong name! Who do you want to give these to?" The little Chinese man looks at him very puzzled, consults his clipboard, and says: "You not Nissan Maindealer?"ead????