Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Pink Bows ... another old poem from "Seasons of Life"

Pink Bows

I woke up yesterday morning

And tied my pink bows in my hair

I wondered exactly what pink shirt I should wear.

I rode the bus

I walked inside

Down the hall I went, in my cute 9-year-old stride.

I went to my class and stayed there all day,

I thought about how lovely life was

And how I wanted it to stay that way.

I went home to homework, dinner,

And playtime with friends.

We played out near the old trash bins.

I lay down in my bed that night,

Closed my eyes and began to count sheep

And mommy knew it had worked when she didn’t hear a peep.

But something was different the next morning,

For my pink bows were lost,

I must go without them today at any cost.

I brushed my teeth

I opened my closet door,

But to my surprise no pink was to be accounted for.

So I got on the bus wearing a bright red skirt,

Nice black shoes, and a white top,

My hair hung down and did nothing but flop.

Into my class I went,

I sat down at my seat,

I noticed something was lying down near my feet.

It was a note that said

“I think you’re cute”,

I turned red and basically became mute.

After eating my dinner

I walked outside to find

Those lovely friends of mine.

But they were no where to be found

Not on this beautiful sunny day,

So I sat outside talked to my neighbor Ray.

That night as I lay in my bed,

I realized the something different was me,

And it was all right because I liked what I had turned out to be.

~Miss Alesha A. Brittain

No comments: