Thursday, November 15, 2007

PSALMS CHAPTER 139... Read This Often As A Reminder

We studied this chapter last night at church as a part of our study on God's omnipotence. Here are some of the thoughts Preacher Bingham shared, along with some of my own personal thoughts. We should really read this chapter often. How beautiful it reads and how true it is!

PSALMS CHAPTER 139

1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.

GOD KNOWS THE PARTS OF US THAT WE, OURSELVES DON'T KNOW!

2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

HE KNOWS WHEN WE ARE IN A LOW MOOD OR A GOOD MOOD. HE UNDERSTANDS OUR FEELINGS.

3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

WITH ALL .... NOTICE THAT. GOOD OR BAD. HE LOVES US IN SPITE OF WHAT WE ARE.

4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

GOD HAS NEVER HAD TO LEARN HIS KNOWLEDGE... HE HAS ALWAYS HAD IT. WE CAN'T EVEN ATTAIN ALL OF HIS KNOWLEDGE.

7 ¶ Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

AS LOW AS WE GO OR AS HIGH AS WE FLY... GOD NEVER DESERTS US.

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

HE KNEW US!

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

MY MOST FAVORITE VERSE! WE ARE FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE!

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
GOD YOU HAD ALL MY MEMBERS... EVER FINGER, EVERY TOE, EVERY LIMB WRITTEN DOWN BEFORE I WAS EVEN THOUGHT OF.

17 ¶ How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

HE HAS BLESSED US..... AND HE HONESTLY THINKS OF US SO OFTEN THAT WE COULDN'T KEEP COUNT. LITTLE SMILES THAT COME TO OUR FACE OR LITTLE GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPEN THROUGHOUT OUR DAY.... THAT'S GOD BLESSING US. HOW MUCH TIME DO WE SPEND THINKING OF HIM? MORE THAN THE GRAINS OF SAND AS HE DOES WITH US?

19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

SEARCH ME GOD, SHOW ME MY FAILURES FOR I KNOW THERE ARE MANY AND HELP ME TO ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT YOU HAVE SHOWN ME AND TAKE ACTION TO CORRECT IT INSTEAD OF JUST IGNORING IT. BLESS THE LORD!

No comments: